Bel-Ray Silicone DOT 5 Brake Fluid exceeds FMVSS Sec. 571.116 DOT 5 silicone base motor vehicle brake fluid specifications. Mixes with all fluids meeting such specifications. DOT 5 brake fluid may not be mixed with DOT 3 and DOT 4. DOT 5 may be used to replace either DOT 3 or DOT 4 if a complete system flush is done. For use in all drum or disc hydraulic brake systems, except systems using mineral-based fluids (LHM).
- Formulated for hydraulic brake systems.
- Mixes with all fluids meeting DOT 5 specifications (not compatible with DOT 3 or DOT 4)
- Boiling point: dry 260°C, wet 185°C.
- Will not damage paint or absorb moisture.
- For brake systems and hydraulic clutches, except systems using mineral base fluids.